The Reformation: Humanity, Church, Society
INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARLY-PRACTICAL CONFERENCE The Reformation: Humanity, Church, Society
20-21 April 2017, St. Petersburg
Basic aspects of the conference’s task
• The variety of intellectual sources for the Reformation and reformed traditions;
• The secular aspect of the Reformation and its consequences for the development of Western civilization;
• The Reformation and the anthropological change in the European awareness of a new era;
• The religious pluralism of the Reformation and its role in the formation of a culture of co-existence and freedom of confession;
• The theological assumptions of the Reformation’s ecclesiological paradigms, their variations and subsequent development;
• Confessional Protestantism and the specifics of Reformation processes in Eastern European civilization;
• The cultural impulses of the Reformation and their realization in various European contexts;
• Justification and justice: The Reformation’s influence on socio-political and economic processes;
• The Reformation and the civilizing choice of Eastern European peoples.
• S. V. Sannikov, E-AAA President, Doctor of Ministry, President of the Organizing Committee;
• R. P. Soloviy, Ph.D, Director of the E-AAA Research and Resource Center, Academic Secretary of the conference;
• I. L. Fokin, Doctor of Philosophy, President of the Martin Luther Society of St. Petersburg;
• A. V. Tikhomirov, Doctor of Theology, Rector of the Theological Seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church;
• Alexander Negrov, Ph.D., CEO and Founder of Hodos Institute.
• I. I. Makarenko, Ph.D, Pro-rector of St. Petersburg Christian University;
• G.A. Sergienko, Ph.D, Vice-President of Moscow Theological Seminary of Evangelical Christians-Baptists;
• T. K. Nikol’skaia, Ph.D, chair of Department of Church History at St. Petersburg Christian University;
• V. L. Khromets, Ph.D, director of Center for Religious Research of the National Pedagogical Dragomanov University;
• М. М. Mokienko, Ph.D, Researcher of the E-AAA Resource and Research Center.
• A. V. Markevich, Assistant of Vice-President of Moscow Theological Seminary of Evangelical Christians-Baptists.
• I. Skorobogatova, PhD, Director of Regional Programs of Eurasian Theological Seminary.
E-AAA Research and Resource Center
St. Petersburg Christian University
Moscow Theological Seminary of Evangelical Christians-Baptists
Martin Luther Society of St. Petersburg
Theological Seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church
Center for Religious Research of the National Pedagogical Dragomanov University
Euro-Asian Theological Seminary
International University LCC